Thursday, May 4, 2017

Holding On

I am from broken hearts and broken homes,
Shattered dreams and drowning tears,
All washed away in this fast moving river called Life.

I am from second chances
Rising above the horizon like a late sunrise on a winter’s day,
Replacing nightmares with daydreams, fire with the phoenix.

I am from long nights and even longer days
Where the abundance of the land does more than sustain,
It revives.

The edge of the world is at my doorstep,
As a constant reminder of where I am from,
Ebbing and flowing, in and out, back and forth,
Like a flawless feather being blow through the breeze
Only to land delicately on the river and eventually
Ride out to sea.

I am from death mitered with life,
Mountains melting into the sea,
Changing seasons spinning into years
Of holding on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...