Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Don't you every get bored?

This is the fourth in a series of posts that I’m writing in answer to the questions I get asked the most.

"Don't you ever get bored?"

N.E.V.E.R. NEVER. School staff meetings are boring. Driving through Saskatchewan is boring. Watching golf on television is boring. My life? Never boring.

Top 10 23 Reasons Why I Never Get Bored
(This started out as 10, but there are many, many reasons to list, more than are here!)

23. I have much to learn.
22. Every time Target ships a box to me, something is broken.
21. I make candles, jellies, and healing oils.
20. I am in a constant state of drying flower heads, herbs, and seeds for various uses.
19. Our cabin is filled with books that need to be read.
18. Our coffee is old-fashioned perk, which means that every time I want another cup of hot coffee, I have to turn on the stove to warm up the pot.
17. There are bazillions of tundra berries to be picked!
16. My backyard is an adventurer’s playground (reference the grizzly encounter the other day) and I have a 4-wheeler, boat, and snowmachine.
15, All gas to run the generator and machines from #16 has to be hauled from town, five gallons at a time.
14. When it rains, I collect the water from the rain bucket every hour or so. (it rains a lot)
13. Most of my grocery shopping is done online.
12. The indoor potty needs to be emptied and cleaned every few days.
11. It is a boating adventure to go to town just to take the trash to the dumpster.
10. I have three dogs to play with and take care of. This includes when they roll in a river otter’s toilet like Nuka did yesterday.
9. It is a well-thought out, one-hour or more project to wash dishes or take a shower (aka I have to haul water from the river and heat it on the stove).
8. I live on a world-class river filled with salmon.
7. I watch out for porcupines and grizzlies when going to the outhouse.
6. I have a hundred vegetable plants in the greenhouse that I’m trying to coax to maturity before winter hits in a couple of weeks.
5. Our raspberry plants have to be picked every couple of days.
4. I am always sewing and baking new things to sell at Saturday Market.
3. My Perfectly Posh and Younique businesses need constant attention.
2. The floor of the cabin is always dirty.

1. There is a book that needs to be written!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...