Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cost of Running Water

On my way out of school this afternoon, I heard the secretary tell the administrator, “I just stopped some people who were coming inside and they told me it was okay because they were going to the showers?” The administrator replied, “It’s okay. If they have lice, they can use the showers.”

I let the front door of the school shut behind me as I walked down the metal steps into the 25 degree sunshine contemplating the consequences of my choices while taking a deep breath and coaching myself to just keep putting one foot in front of the other, making a mental note to never use the school bathrooms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...