Monday, July 6, 2009

Eco - Footprint


I’ve been watching a lot of the Sundance Channel on TV this summer – movies with subtitles (but end up being pretty interesting), and lots of eco-friendly programs. Every day, I try to leave a little less of a footprint on this world. I’m getting better at it. Now, I not only recycle plastic #1’s and #2’s, aluminum cans, glass, and paper, but I reuse all plastic bags that come from freezer veggies and such. I use those for when I scoop dog poop in the yard or Sarah cleans the litter box. I don’t get plastic grocery bags at the store anymore – I have 4 large cloth bags that I use. I also keep all kinds of containers – glass and plastic – you’d be surprised how handy they are to have around. I also don’t put my produce in those plastic produce bags. I just leave it loose in the buggy – wasted packaging. I wish there were a way to take my flour and sugar containers to the store to fill them up instead of having to buy those items in all that extra packaging. I’m sure that will come in time.

Oh yeah, and my friend, Ann, who had applied for a position with the Bethel area school district (right here in Alaska)... got the JOB! She's moving up here the end of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...