Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pinch Me Moments


I had one of those today.
I had borrowed my landlord's truck to go pick up a used freezer that I bought. The freezer was in Anchor Point and I had a couple of friends go with me to help out.

So, there I was... driving this big ass white Ford F350 truck with a winch on the front. Sitting in the cab with me were my friends, Jana and Troy. We had about a 15 mile drive to go get the freezer (which I bought to keep fish and moose meat in). My refridgerator freezer at home is packed full, so I needed another freezer so that Sarah and I can go fishing and have a place to put our catch.

So... we're sitting in the cab of this big ass truck talking about our favorite ways to cook Halibut (and how much better it is than the flounder that folks fish for off the end of the spit), driving down this bumpy 2-lane road, on the way to pick up my "fish" freezer in the middle of ALASKA!

PINCH ME! If I'm dreamin', don't wake me up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...