Wednesday, November 24, 2010

#22 Thankful for The Calendar


I’ve never been more thankful for a calendar than I am this school year. It is my window into the future. It gives me hope for the future and strengthens my confidence that I can make it through this day and mark it off. At this very moment, the calendar tells me that I have the next four days to myself. The only thing that I am scheduled to do is go to a teacher potluck tomorrow at 2pm. Otherwise, the days are all mine. The calendar also tells me that I have only 28 more days until I’ll leave for Hawaii. The calendar reminds me that on November 30th, I’ll have survived four months here and will have only five more to go (accounting for the trip to Hawaii). It measures my progress and is a constant reminder of all that is in front of me. I am thankful for the calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...