Sunday, November 14, 2010

Getting Caught up on My Thankful List

#10 – Thankful for Candles
My house is very well insulated and when it’s zero degrees outside, we can’t really open the windows to air the house out. Sometimes, the lingering scent of dinner from the night before makes me eager to light a candle. Soon, my house smells like a bakery or a spice shop and all is well with the world again.

#11 – Thankful for Coffee
I love coffee, even though all I drink is decaf. I love the smell of it, the warmth of it, the creamy sweetness of it – you see, I usually have a little coffee with my milk and sugar. There’s just something comforting about holding a warm mug of coffee and slowly sipping it away.

#12 – Thankful for Vicky
I have had very few good friends in my life and Vicky ranks right up there. We met through myspace – weird, I know – because we were both fans of the boys on the Deadliest Catch and she just added me as a friend one day. We started chatting and she has come to visit me twice. We have an incredibly close friendship, like sisters. She is my number one go-to person when I really need a care package NOW! She sends medicine to me, ingredients to make bread, even her own DVDs so that I have something to watch. I love Vicky and don’t know how I would have survived the past couple of years without her.

#13 – Thankful for Reggie
Our little kitty drives me crazy. He chews up electrical chords, drags socks all over the house, teases my dog incessantly, and leaves his cat hair everywhere. But, he brings us so much joy and laughter. It’s comforting just to pick him up and rub his thick, soft fur. He is incredibly good natured, letting the dog use him for a chew toy and sharing a water bowl with her. It’s loads of fun to watch him play with a ball or a toy mouse or even the bubbles from the kitchen sink.

#14 – Thankful for Chocolate Chips
They have got to be one of the most versatile foods in the world. I put them in cookies, dessert bars, and muffins. Heck, I even use them to make Chocolate Croissants. They add a little “hmmm” to a pot of chili and even serve as a sweet snack in a pinch, all by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Joyful Journey of the King Cake

“Lassiez les bons temps rouler!” Let the good times roll! After spending eighteen years as an adult in Louisiana, from age twenty through th...